Problems encounter with Samsung Galaxy 3 mobile phone within 1 month usage:
1. Brows heavy web pages for some time and the 'Internet' browser crashes.
2. And after the problem 1 , phone restarts.
3. Battery suddenly drops from 40 % to 15%.
4. Voice Call quality is very poor in EAR phones.
5. When we replay the video in YouTube , it downloads again rather than using the cache.
6. Music Player : We cannot stop the song playing , we can only pause it.
I have been using the Samsung Galaxy 3 mobile phone for past one month and above are the few issues i have encountered multiple times. Hoping Samsung takes up these issues and try to resolve them at earliest and please do not release phones unless regression testing is done on the phones. Quite dissappointed by Samsung phone :(
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Problems encounter with Samsung Galaxy 3 mobile phone within 1 month usage:
Posted by Engineer_4m_hyd at 7:30 PM
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Price of this Google Nexus One in India when launched is expected to be high in the intial days and will settle down after few months . Other mobile phone giant Nokia has to come up with some thing new and innovative that can give some strong competition to Nexus One. Currently Nexus one handsets are offered with collaboration of T Mobile Service in USA at a price tag of 179 dollars. Later in the coming days Nexus one will be sold in the Google's web stores at price tag of 529 dollars which will be unlocked version. If we have a people choice award ceremony for Smart phones and We are made the jury members we will give it straight away to Googles Nexus One.
Posted by Engineer_4m_hyd at 12:04 PM
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Extensible Markup Language often refferred as XML is gaining popularity with each passing day and most applicaitons are switching from traditional approaches to XML based approach and all new applications deals with XML .
Advantages of XML are as follows :
- It is Platform independent.
- It is easily manageable .
- It is in the form understandable by humans.
- Itis easy to create and alter , it can be done using a normal note pad.
- XML when viewed in browsers , shows a hierarchial structure and its node can be expanded as well as collapsed.
- XML when viewed in Microsoft Excel is displayed in a tabular form.
- XML is highly portable .
- We can create our own tags at any level in the XML file.
- Its very effective for faster network transmissions.
- XML has become the almost universally supported way of exchanging documents and data across applications and platforms.
List of applicaitons which can open a XML file:
- Almost all browsers
- Microsoft Excel
- Almost all IDE's which are meant for coding
How to Open an XML file using Microsoft Excel :
- Right click a XML file
- Select the option "Open with " and choose Microsoft Excel
- Select the appropriate option , if not sure of the appropriate option select as a XML table.
- XML file will be in the tabular form.
Posted by Engineer_4m_hyd at 2:58 PM
Saturday, October 3, 2009
- Go to task manager and make sure your end unnecessary processes.
- Stop softwares and applications that continuously access severs without you requesting the same.
- Make sure your telephone or cable lines have lesser number of joins.
- Make sure your telephone or cable lines have lower noise.
- Have a good quality amplifier , if you require it.
- If you are using wireless connection or WiFi make it password protected , so that your neighbors don't utilize your bandwidth free of cost.
- Switch faster browsers like Google chrome.
- Make sure you increase your cache size , so that you need not frequently used images again and again.
- Always block pop up and do allow them to get loaded without your consent.
- Downloading shouldn't be scheduled for peak hours.
Posted by Engineer_4m_hyd at 12:26 PM
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Main Features of BHUVAN are as follows:
- Access, explore and visualise 2D and 3D image data along with rich thematic information on Soil, wasteland, water resources etc.
- Visualise multi-resolution, multi-sensor, multi-temporal image data.
- Superpose administrative boundaries of choice on images as required.
- Visualisation of AWS - Automatic Weather Stations data/information in a graphic view and use tabular weather data of user choice.
- Fly to locations , it flies from the current location directly to the selected location.
- Heads-Up Display ( HUD) naviation controls like Tilt slider, north indicator, opacity, compass ring, zoom slider.
- Navigation using the 3D view Pop-up menu like Fly-in, Fly out, jump in, jump around, view point.
- 3D view to fly to locations, objects in the terrain, and navigate freely using the mouse or keyboard.
- Drawing 2D objects like Text labels, polylines, polygons, rectangles, 2D arrows, circles, ellipse.
- Drawing 3D Objects and placing of expressive 3D models, 3D polygons, boxes.
- Snapshot creation , it copies the 3D view to a floating window and allows to save to a external file.
- Measurement tools which measures Horizontal distance, aerial distance, vertical distance, measure area.
- Shadow Analysis , it sets the sun position based on the given time creating shadows and effects the lighting on the terrain.
- Particular interest of ISRO/DOS would be to provide such functionalities to common man so that he/she adopts participatory approach with scientists to solve simple problems easily and interactively.
Posted by Engineer_4m_hyd at 11:12 AM
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Wifi is a great feature that is going to rule the future generations , WiFi gives us freedom from wires and cables making life easier . But as every thing has advantages and disadvantages even this technology has many disadvantges which can be misused like
- Unauthorized acess to internet throught your account
- Steal vital details from your system.
- System's can be hacked if left unprotected
- Go to administation site , BSNL administration site for you modem by default is 192.168.1.1 , well this may not work if you have choosen a dynamic IP address for your system .
- Go to Advanced Setup
- Click the Wireless (WiFi ) section
- Un check the enable check box
- Click the Save Button
- Restart your computer
Posted by Engineer_4m_hyd at 10:44 PM
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Google Chrome contains many features that can be leveraged by webmasters to deliver a better end-user experience. Well this is just the beginning - Google Chrome is far from done , its still under BETA version. This beta version for Windows takes inputs and feedbacks from the user and comes up with new and improved version with each passing day .Google Chrome is working on building versions for Mac and Linux too, and they are expected to be even faster and more robust.
After knowing so much about Google's past track record and feedback from other chrome users , I decided to give it a try .Installation was simple and faster , in no time Googles Chrome was ready to be used. It has a clear and USER FRIENDLY interface with absence of cluttered buttons and bars on the top, thereby reducing the scrolling task.Other feature that fascinated me was home screen which itelligently stores most frequently visited websites and those sites open up just on a click. Most great news is its safe , secure and adware , malware free .
Well after using it for almost a week now , i would rate it as the best browser among all other browsers.
So go ahead and download you copy of GOOGLE'S CHROME browser.
Posted by Engineer_4m_hyd at 2:48 PM
Friday, August 1, 2008
Session hijacking is a technique that involves intercepting a TCP session initiated between two machines in order to hijack it.The term session hijacking refers to the exploitation of a valid computer session .The Session's most important part is its session key . A exploiter or hacker usually exploits this session related data to gain unauthorized access to information or services in a computer system. This technique is used steal the cookies from a target system also called as a magic cookie , which is used to authenticate a user to a remote server. Sessions are of great importance to web developers, as the HTTP cookies used to maintain a session on most of the web sites . These cookies can be easily stolen by an attacker using an intermediary computer or with access to the saved cookies on the victim's computer.
In this particular mode of hijacking the authentication check is performed only when the session is open, a hijacker who successfully launches this attack is able to take control of the connection throughout the duration of the session.If an attacker is able to steal the session cookie, he can pretend to be the same user, or hijack the session during its lifetime.
There are three primary techniques for hijacking sessions:
- Brute Force - the attacker tries multiple IDs until successful.
- Calculate - IDs are generated in a non-random manner and can be calculated.
- Steal - using different types of techniques, the attacker can steal the Session ID.
Methods to prevent session hijacking: ( To be followed by Developers of Any Website)
- Regenerating the session id after a successful login. This prevents session fixation because the hacker/ attacker does not know the session id of the user after he has logged in.
- Use a long random number or string as the session key. This reduces the risk that an hacker/ attacker could guess a valid session key through trial and error or brute force attacks.
- Encryption of the data passed between the user and the web servers , specially the session key.
- A web server could check with each request made matches the IP address of the use from previous sessions.
- Can have services which change the value of the cookie with every request received.
- Prevent Eavesdropping within the network.
- Expire the session as soon as the use logs out .
- Reduce the life span of a session or a cookie.
Methods to prevent session hijacking: ( To be followed by USERS of Any Website)
- Do not click on the links forwarded to you through mails or IM's.
- Make sure you flush out cookies and session from your browser after every confidential and sensitive transactions.
- Do not simply close the browser , make sure that you click the log out button before closing the browser.
- Use Firewalls
- Restricts cookies to the maximum extend possible using the browser and firewall settings.
- Clear History and offline content for every few days.
- Prefer https rather than http for sensitive and confidential transactions.
- Make sure that the website is certified by the certifying authorities.
Feel free to write your comments and queries
Posted by Engineer_4m_hyd at 11:04 PM